Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Quit wishing away your time

Every day, during the week, I count down til Friday. I always say there is a 10% mood increase each day. So Monday I come in and I am at 50%, Tuesday 60%, Wednesday 70% etc, etc. Saturday and Sunday are at 100%. Somewhere between 9pm Sunday night and 5 am Monday morning we reset to 50%. Today, 9 days away from the 2 year anniversary of the worst day of my life, that has shattered my world and left a gaping hole in my heart that will never heal, I realized that is such a stupid way to live. I am wasting every day waiting for the weekend. I am wishing away most of my life. Those are times I can not get back, not ever. I am working towards changing the part of my life that makes me most miserable (the things within my control) but it will take awhile. And that is how it will be. But it really is a sad thing to just wish most of your life away because of your circumstance. Work on changing it, yes! Start today, yes! But most of all, enjoy all the in between. Because that is where life happens and memories are made. They aren’t only made on Saturday and Sunday. They aren’t only made when you are not burdened. They are made every minute. Every moment, so enjoy those times. It will be what carries you through the bad. It will be what lights the darkness, even if its just a little. Trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment